Spaghetti Bolognese is a hearty, delicious Italian dish made with pasta and a rich meat sauce. It can be adelightful creamy dish for a special dinner or a healthy recipewith a few changes appropriate for people with special dietary needs. You can transform this versatile dish to any taste you like.
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 1 pound beef mince
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 strips of streaky bacon
- 2 tins tomato puree
- 4 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 capsicum chopped
- 5-8 cloves of garlic, minced
- A sprig of rosemary, basil, and oregano, tied up in a bunch
- Salt to taste
- Cheese to garnish
Tips on cooking pasta in the Gemside Automatic Meal Cooker
- When cooking the pasta, don’t cook it separately in water. Cook the pasta in the meat sauce you’re making. This ensures that the entire flavor seeps into the pasta.
- The automatic sauce reduction technology (ASR) of this cooker helps the pasta sauce thicken on its own.
- The Gemside Automatic Meal Cooker can keep the temperature always under Smoke Point. This means that the sensors will detect when a part of the pot is cumulating heat rapidly, so it can help to avoid the sauce burning and overflowing.
- Make sure that you add enough liquid for the sauce since pasta absorbs liquid even after it is cooked.
- Remember that wheat or whole grain pasta need more cooking time than white flour pasta.
Add your own twist
- If you keep the spaghetti longer in the cooker,it will become soft and will be easy to digest for the invalids (Note: If cooking for an invalid, avoid the bacon and cheese and use lean meat.)
- Change the flavor by making it with different kinds of meats and herbs.
- You can add this meat sauce to other kinds of pasta like fusilli, macaroni, spiral pasta etc.
Pasta is a wholesome dish; it can be made quite easily to your taste. If you keep all the ingredients needed for different kinds of pasta sauces in the house, you can whip up a sauce in the cooker, add your choice of pasta, cover the Gemside Automatic Meal Cooker and set the timer. You have a tasty meal for the whole family ready at the time you want!