In this dish, the sourness of tomato can neutralize the smell of beef. These two ingredients are the classic combination. If you think the taste of the tomato is not enough, add some tomato sauce to enhance the taste.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb beef brisket, 1lb tomato, 2oz celery, 2oz carrot, 2oz onion, and 1oz butter
[Key Seasonings] 1/3cup tomato sauce, 1oz rock sugar, and 1tsp salt
[Flavor Seasonings] 1 piece of bay leaf, two pieces of star anise, 1tsp black pepper powder, and 1tbsp cooking wine
[Water Amount] 6 Gemside cups (including liquid seasonings, e.g. cooking wine, etc.)
- Cut beef brisket into 2inch chunks. Put them in the pot with cold water, and blanch for 3 minutes after the water starts boiling. Then get them out and wash the blood away.
- Cut a cross on the top of the tomato and pour hot water on it. Then peel and dice it.
- Put the main ingredients, condiments, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Beef] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Since beef shrinks significantly, the chunks should be bigger than 2inch.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your personal preference.
- If there is too much oil in the pot, when cooking is done, pour some of it out before stirring.
- If the soup is not thick enough, you can turn on the [Dry Up Cooking] function for the second round of sauce reduction.