This dish is a unique one among all short rib cuisines. It is not only with rosy color and luster but also with sour and sweet taste, which is deeply loved by ladies and children. However, the common cooking method for this dish is complicated because it is hard to control the amount and timing to add sugar and vinegar.
Based on the Automatic Cooker programs, we figured out a simple cooking method. You only need to know this trick, uncover the cooker during sauce reduction. This can prevent vinegar absorbed into the meat and ruin the delicate flavor of the meat. Therefore, this tasteful dish can be cooked through a simple operation.
[Main Ingredient] 2lb pork ribs
[Key Seasonings] 1tsp salt, 1tbsp dark soy sauce, 1/8tsp oil, 3 slices of green onion, and 1 slice of ginger
[Second Round Sauce Reduction Seasonings] 5oz rock sugar and 1 Gemside cup of vinegar
[Water Amount] 3 Gemside cups
- Cut the short ribs into pieces and put it in the pot with cold water, boil the water and blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes, and then wash the blood away.
- Put the prepared short ribs, 1/4cup rock sugar, salt, soy sauce, oil green onion and ginger in the pot. Do not put vinegar and the rest of sugar in the pot at this moment.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Short Ribs] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, open the lid and add vinegar and the remaining rock sugar. Turn on the [Dry Up Cooking] function for the second round of sauce reduction. Do not close the lid.
- After the [Dry Up Cooking] procedure finishes, you would better skim the extra oil, and evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- During the second round of sauce reduction, you should keep the lid open to prevent the sourness of vinegar from getting into the meat and affecting the delicate flavor of it.
- The amount of sugar and vinegar can change according to personal preference, but the standard ratio is 1/1.5, amount of vinegar and sugar are better put more than less.
- For vinegar, you would better use black vinegar or fragrance vinegar, not white vinegar.
- Put rock sugar under the ribs, it will melt easier. It tastes better when eats cold.