Sewed duck is also one of the most common soup cooked by the slow simmer. The dried bamboo shoot is crisp and refreshing. When stewed with the duck, the rich scent of the duck meat is blended with a light refreshing flavor, and the soup becomes more delicious.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb duck, 3oz dried bamboo shoot, and 3oz ham
[Seasonings] 1 piece of reed leaf (or lotus leaf), 1 piece of ginger, 1tbsp cooking wine, and 1/2tsp salt
[Water Amount] 9 Gemside Cups
- Cut duck into chunks after removing its fat, put it in the pot with cold water and blanch it over boiling water for 4 minutes. Steaming the ham first them slice it into pieces. Soak the dry bamboo in water for 2 hours and rip it into strips.
- Put water, main ingredients, and all seasoning in the pot, except salt.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [S·Slow Simmer] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, add some salt and evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Wash the dry bamboo shoot with water to remove the excess salt.
- It would be better to use lean duck meat.