The meat of partial fish is fleshy and solid. So, if you cook it the usual way, only the edge is tender and tasty, other parts of the fish will taste dry and hard. If you want to cook the fish well, you may add more cooking oil, slices of pork belly and soup stock to enhance the flavor. Also, the soup shall be thick so that the fish and seasonings will blend together.
Along the coast of Shandong and Liaoning Province of China, the most traditional cooking method is braising. When using the sauce reduction function of this automatic meal cooker to cook the sauce braised partial fish, the taste is perfect.
[Main Ingredient] 1 1/2lb partial fish
[Auxiliary Ingredients] 2oz pork belly and 3 pieces of dry mushroom
[Key Seasonings] 1/4tsp salt, 1/8cup soybean paste, 1tnsp cooking wine, 1/4cup oil, and 1tsp sugar
[Flavor Seasonings] 1 piece of star anise, 5 pieces of Sichuan pepper, 3 pieces of green onion, 4 slices of ginger, and 2 pieces of dry chili
[Water Amount] 2 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Wash the partial fish clean, crosswise cut it on its both sides and then marinate it with cooking wine and salt for 20 minutes.
- Slice pork belly. After soaking the dried mushroom, wash clean and cut in half.
- Put some cooking oil into the pot and add the prepared main ingredient, seasonings, and water.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Fish] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, ladle out the fish and put it on the plate. Then evenly stir the rest of the ingredients and pour it on top of the fish.
- Do not cut too deep on the fish, in case it breaks into pieces.
- Increasing the time for marinating will give more flavors to the fish.