The main characteristic of this dish is that two ingredients, pork belly, and lotus roots, complement each other. During the cooking, particularly the last stage of Automatic Sauce Reduction, the juice of pork belly goes into the crispy and tender lotus root. This makes the light taste of lotus root become rich, and pork belly becomes smooth and fresh. These two ingredients are perfectly matched cooking together.
[Main Ingredients] 1lb pork belly with skin, 1/2lb lotus roots
[Key Seasonings] 2tsp dark soy sauce and 1/tsp salt
[Flavor Seasonings] 2 pieces of green onion, 3 slices of ginger, 1tbsp cooking wine, and 2 pieces of fermented bean curd
[Water Amount] 4 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Cut pork belly into 1inch cubes, blanch in boiling water for 3 minutes, and then ladle then out and clean with water.
- Wash lotus roots and peel it, slant angle cut, and then soak in water.
- Put the prepared main ingredients, seasonings, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Pork Belly] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Melt the fermented with its sauce, liquid seasonings and water before putting in the pot.