Sauerkraut is a good match with pork. It does not get overdone easily. The long sauerkraut is cooked, the better the lactic acid contained can go into the soup. Combined with the pork belly, a rich sour flavor will be generated.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb pork belly and 1/2lb Chinese sauerkraut
[Key Seasonings] 1tsp dark soy sauce, 3 slices of ginger, and 1/2tsp salt
[Flavor Seasonings] 5 pieces of dry chili, 1 piece of star anise, and 5 pieces of Sichuan pepper
[Water Amount] 4 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Cut the pork belly into 1/2inch slices, put the pork in the pot with cold water and blanch it in boiling water for 4 minutes, and then ladle then out and wash the blood away.
- Cut Chinese sauerkraut into 1inch pieces with slant angle.
- Put the prepared main ingredients, seasonings, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Pork Belly] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Add the amount of Chinese sauerkraut according to your personal preference.
- Sauerkraut is salty, so you do not add salt.
- You may replace Sichuan pepper and star anise with rosemary and basil leaves, and the recommended amount is 1tsp.