Braising in soy sauce is a traditional cooking method in China, it's a dish that reminds you of the warmth and coziness of home. Through the years, it has become not just a cooking method, but a part of the Chinese culture. A classic dish in braising, pork braised in brown sauce, is one of the favorites for many people.
Selection of ingredients and the cooking process including blanching in water, the step of braising and sauce reduction are all equally important, and among them, sauce reduction is the key point which decides the appearance and taste of the dishes. Our automatic meal cooker can control the duration and degree of heat precisely, and complete a series of cooking procedures perfectly. The dish made by the cooker has a thick sauce, rosy color, and tender taste.
[Main Ingredient] 1 1/2lb pork belly
[Key Seasonings]1tbsp dark soy sauce (or 2tbsp light soy sauce), 3 pieces of ginger, 3 pieces of green onion, 1/2oz rock sugar, and 1tsp salt
[Flavor Seasonings] 15 pieces of pepper, 3 pieces of star anise, 1/8cup cooking wine, and 1 piece of cinnamon
[Water Amount] 4 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Cut the pork belly into 1inch cubes, blanch it for 3min and then clean with water.
- Put the prepared main ingredient, seasonings, and water in the pot.
- Close the cooker and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Pork Belly] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Make sure you choose the authentic pork belly.
- If you do not have rock sugar, you can replace it with white sugar.
- Do not use too much sugar, or the lean pork will become hard.
- If there is too much oil in the pot when cooking is done, pour some out before stir yo blend the sauce and pork.
- Pork shall be put into cold water with skin, and do not cut the meat in too mall pieces.
- If use light soy sauce, increase the amount to around 2tbsp.