The meat of pomfret fish tastes delicate, while tomato sauce has a mild sour and sweet flavor. Such flavor transfers into the meat of fish, adding special flavor without covering its freshness. This dish tastes sour, sweet, fresh and tender.
[Main Ingredient] 1 1/2lb pomfret fish
[Auxiliary Ingredients] 1oz corn, 1/2oz carrot, 1/2oz peas
[Key Seasonings] 1/3cup tomato sauce, 1tsp salt, 1tbsp sugar, 1/4cup oil and 3 slices of ginger
[Flavor Seasonings] 1/8cup cooking wine
[Water Amount] 2 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Clean the pomfret fish, slightly cut on the fish skin in diamond shape, and marinate with 1/2tsp salt for over 10 minutes.
- Cut carrot into small cubes.
- Put oil, ginger slices, corn, carrot, peas, water, and marinated fish in the pot. Then add tomato sauce at the last.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Fish] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, ladle out and serve on the plate.
- The fish must be fresh.
- You can add some pepper to get rid of the fishy smell.
- You can blanch carrot, corn, peas first, then put them in the pot upon finishing to give the dish more color.