As a well-known dish of Sichuan Province, MAPO tofu is loved by many people due to its spicy and numb taste. The tofu looks silky and in cube shape while its flavors make you could not stop eating. This recipe has made a little improvement to the original one. The process is simpler and more suitable for home cooking, but the taste is authentic and delicious.
[Main Ingredient] 1/2lb firm-tofu, 2 1/2oz beef
[Seasonings for Marinating] 2tsp soy sauce, 1/4tsp salt, 1tsp oil
[Seasonings for Cooking] 1tbsp soy sauce, 1/2tbsp fermented soybean, 1tbsp chili powder, and 1/3cup oil
[Seasonings for Finishing] 1 piece of leek, 1/2tsp peppercorn powder, and 1tsp sesame oil
- Cut tofu into small cubes, put in the pot for blanching and drain the water off.
- Mince beef, add seasonings and mix them evenly, and marinate for about 5min.
- Mince fermented soybean, wash the leek and cut it into small pieces.
- Put seasonings, water, and the main ingredients in the pot in order.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [H·Dry Up Cooking] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, add leek, peppercorn powder, and sesame oil.
- Evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- When adding the minced beef, scatter with a spatula at the bottom of the pot.
- Blanched tofu won't break easily, so it's a necessary step.
- If you replace water with stock, it will taste better.