As one of the typical short rib cuisines in China, this dish mainly uses tomato sauce and sugar for seasoning. During the cooking process, the two ingredients' flavors will mix together, and generate a sour and sweet thick sauce. Through the procedure of Automatic Sauce Reduction, the meat absorbs the flavor of the sauce and the sour and sweet tastes blend together, which makes you cannot stop eating.
[Main Ingredient] 2lb pork ribs
[Key Seasonings] 1/2cup tomato sauce, 3oz rock sugar, 1tsp salt, and 2tsp oil
[Flavor Seasonings] 2 slices of green onion, 3 slices of ginger, 2 garlic cloves, 1tbsp cooking wine, and 1tsp dark soy sauce
[Water Amount] 3 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Wash the short ribs and cut them into pieces. Put them in the pot with cold water, boil the water and blanch them in boiling water for 3 minutes. Then ladle them out and clean with water.
- Cut green onion into pieces and slice the ginger.
- Put the prepared ingredients, seasonings and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Short Ribs] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- The recommended ratio of short ribs and tomato is 5:1.
- The amount of sugar shall be no less than 1/2cup for the desired taste.