Fish fillet in chili sauce is a typical Sichuan cuisine with strong spicy taste. Fresh river fish, such as crucian carp, grass carp, or carp, has tender meat and light taste. They are suitable to cook this dish. The rich spicy flavor gets into the fat fish meat and combines with the delicate taste of it, greatly enhancing the flavor at once. It will give you a good appetite.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb grass carp and 2oz pork belly
[Key Seasonings] 1tbsp numb pepper, 1/3cup red oil soybean paste, 50 pieces of dry chili, 1oz pickled chili, 2tsp dark soy sauce, 1/2cup oil, and 1/2tsp salt
[Flavor Seasonings] 3 pieces of green onion, 4 slices of ginger, 1/8cup cooking wine, and 6 garlic cloves
[Water Amount] 2 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Clean the fish.
- Cut it into 2inch pieces and marinate with salt and cooking wine or 30 minutes.
- Slice pork belly.
- Put water, pork belly, and seasonings in the pot, add the prepared fish fillet at last.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Fish] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, serve on the plate.
- Fish has enough umami but is lack of flavors, while pork belly can compensate this.
- The dish will taste better after cooling.
- The ratio of numb pepper and dry chili shall be in proportion, so you can have an excellent spicy and numb taste.
- Put more cooking oil can release spicy flavor better.