In most cases, carp is used in this dish. In Chinese, carp has implied the meaning of the gift, so it is an essential dish to entertain guests in the north of China. When cooking this dish, you should cut fish into tile-shaped pieces to make it easy to absorb flavors. After finishing cooking, you can put it together to make the original shape of the fish.
[Main Ingredient] 1 1/2lb carp fish
[Auxiliary Ingredients] 2oz winter bamboo shoots, 2oz mushroom, and 2oz pork belly
[Key Seasonings] 1/8cup soy sauce, 1tsp white sugar, 1/2tsp salt, and 1/8cup oil
[Flavor Seasonings] 1/8cup cooking wine, 2 pieces of green onion, 3 slices of ginger, and 1 piece of star anise
[Optional Seasonings] 4 garlic cloves, 10 pieces of Sichuan pepper, 2 pieces of dry chili, 1tsp dark soy sauce
[Water Amount] 2 Gemside cups (including liquid seasonings)
- Cut the fish into tile-shaped pieces, then marinate it for over 30 minutes with green onion, ginger slices and cooking wine.
- Evenly cut winter bamboo shoots and mushroom into thick slices, and cut pork belly into thin slices.
- Put mushroom slices， winter bamboo shoots, pork belly, and the prepared fish in the pot in this order, then add seasonings and water.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Fish] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, ladle out the fish and put it together to the original shape. Evenly stir the remaining ingredients in the pot and pour it over the fish.
- Put seasonings and auxiliary seasonings in the pot first, then add fish pieces so the fish skin will not stick to the pot.
- If you use light soy sauce to replace dark soy sauce, the amount shall be doubled, meanwhile, the amount of salt shall be reduced accordingly.
- This is a typical northern flavor dish and this method can be used to cook various types of fish.