Curry chicken is one of the most typical dishes in Southeast Asia. With the sticky curry sauce wrapping the chicken and potato, and a salty fragrant taste mixing with sweet and spicy flavor, it is a perfect entrée to pair with rice. Use the Automatic Sauce Reduction function to cook this dish, it will fully blend the flavors of the chicken, potato, and curry, and transfer such flavors to each other, and create a rich sauce with an authentic aroma.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb chicken and 1/2lb potato
[Key Seasonings] 1/8cup curry powder, 1tbsp Curcuma powder, 1tbsp chili powder, 1tsp salt, 1tbsp white sugar, 1/4cup oil
[Flavor Seasonings] 2 pieces of lemongrass
[Seasoonings at Finishing] 1 Gemside cup of coconut milk
[Water Amount] 3 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Pour the hot water over the chicken then clean it with water and cut into 1 and 1/2inch chunks.
- Peel and dice the potato, and slice the ginger. Cut the lemongrass into the diamond shape and smash with the slide of the knife.
- Put all seasonings in the pot except curry powder and coconut milk.
- Put the prepared chicken and potato in the pot.
- Add curry powder, coconut milk, and water in the pot in order.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Chicken] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- To prevent potato getting mushy, cut them into large pieces and put them on the top of other ingredients.
- Add curry powder last will prevent them sticking to the bottom of the pot.