Brown braised chicken is a traditional homemade-style dish of Shandong cuisine, with aromatic juice and rich flavors. Because of tender texture, delicate flavor, and light taste, chicken is suitable for dishes with all kinds of flavors. It is rich in protein which is easy to absorbed by human body, so chicken is healthy and delectable. With the Automatic Souce Reduction function, this cooker will make the dish with condensed sauce which smells nice, and also bright rosy color, bringing the dish to its perfection.
[Main Ingredients] 1 1/2lb chicken, 2 pieces of dried mushroom, 2oz winter bamboo shoots
[Key Seasonings] 1/2tsp salt, 1tbsp dark soy sauce, and 1tbsp oil
[Flavor Seasonings] 1tbsp cooking wine, 1 piece of dry chili, 2 pieces of green onion, 3 slices of ginger, 1 piece of star anise, and 1 piece of clove
[Water Amount] 3 Gemside cups (including all liquid seasonings)
- Pour the hot water over the chicken and let it drain, then cut it into chunks.
- Soak the dried mushroom, then squeeze out water and slice, also slice winter bamboo shoots.
- Put the main ingredients, seasonings, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Chicken] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Do not blanch the chicken in boiling water, or the juice will be lost.
- Do not put any sugar in, or the dish will taste greasy.
- If the chicken you have is fatty, you can reduce the amount of cooking oil. If the chicken is lean, you can add more.
- If you cannon find mushroom and winter bamboo shoot, it is fine without them.