Eggplant tastes soft and is easy to absorb flavors. However, it needs a lot of cooking oil. And it is hard to control the duration and heat. With the [H·Dry Up Cooking] function, you can control the duration and heat accurately. The reverse cooking process from the top to bottom not only saves cooking oil but also simulates the eggplant's rich flavor. The dish cooked this way will taste great.
[Main Ingredient] 1/2lb eggplant
[Key Seasonings] 1tbsp soy sauce, 1tsp sugar, 1/2tsp salt, and 1/4cup oil
[Flavor Seasonings] 1 piece of green onion, 2 slices of ginger, and 1 piece of star anise
[Seasonins at Finishing] 5 garlic cloves
[Water Amount] 1/4-1/2 Gemside Cup (including liquid seasonings, e.g. soy sauce)
- Cut the eggplant into 1-inch chunks, chop the green onion, and crush the garlic.
- Put seasonings, the prepared main ingredient, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [H·Dry Up Cooking] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, add minced garlic and evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Put the minced green onion and sliced ginger on the bottom of the pot.
- The eggplant had high water content, it tastes better when some of the water is removed. After cooking is finished, allow the eggplant to cool, so the water could be released. Then you can turn on the function of [H·Dry Up Cooking] again to cook them one more time. This way the eggplant will taste better.