Bortsch is a famous soup in eastern European countries. After 3 hours' stewing, various vegetables and beef are made into a thick and tasty soup.
[Main ingredients] 1/2lb beef, 1 1/2oz carrot, 1 1/2oz celery, 1/2lb tomato, 3oz beetroot, and 1/2lb potato
[Seasonings] 1/2lb tomato sauce, 1/2oz butter, and 1tsp salt
[Seasoning at finishing] 1 1/2oz cabbage
[Water Amount] 9 Gemside Cups
- Wash the beef and cut it into 1inch cubes, wash and dice other ingredients.
- Put the beef in the pot with cold water, and blanch it over boiling water for 4 minutes, ladle it out and wash the blood foam away.
- Put the prepared main ingredients, seasonings, and water in the pot.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [S·Slow Simmer] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, add cabbage and evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- The most authentic way to have this dish is enjoying the soup with whole-wheat bread.
- Add cabbage upon finishing, so the crisp texture of cabbage can be preserved.