Duck meat has a very strong smell and it is greasy and dry. If you want to cook duck tasty, choose seasonings with strong flavors. Besides the commonly used soy sauce and sugar, beer is also a good choice. Beer not only can cover the smell of duck but also has a slight vinous aroma, which gives the dish a special taste.
[Main Ingredient] 1 1/2lb duck
[Auxiliary Ingredients] 4 pieces of dry mushroom and 3 pieces of bamboo shoots
[Key Seasonings] 1tbsp oil, 1tsp salt, 1oz rock sugar, and 1tbsp dark soy sauce
[Flavor Seasoning] 3 pieces of green onion, 4 slices of ginger, 3 pieces of garlic cloves, 10 pieces of pepper, 2 pieces of star anise, and 3 pieces of dry chili
[Water Amount] 3 Gemside cups (including beer and all liquid seasonings, no water)
- Blanch the duck in boiling water and cut it into chunks.
- Soak the mushroom and cut them in half.
- Put the cooking oil in the pot first, then add the prepared main ingredient, auxiliary ingredients, seasonings, and beer.
- Close the lid and turn on the automatic cooking function by pressing [ASR·Chicken] key on the panel. The cooking procedure will be performed automatically.
- After finishing cooking, evenly stir the ingredients in the pot before serving.
- Cut the duck into large chunks, because duck meat shrinks a lot after being heated.
- Add more sugar if necessary.
- After finishing cooking, if there is too much oil in the pot, you need to pour some out before stirring, or the duck and the sauce cannon mix well.
- Before serving, stir it fully to mix the sauce and the duck chunks together.
- If the sauce is not thick enough, you can turn on the ]Dry Up Cooking] function for the second round of sauce reduction.
- The dish will taste better after cooling.
- If you use light soy sauce instead of dark soy sauce, the amount shall be 2tbsp to 1/4cup.